Tuesday, February 10, 2015

If you give a cook a Kindle...

The possibilities are endless.

In January I bought myself a new Kindle.  A bigger and better 32gb Kindle Fire HD.  The first thing I did after firing that baby up was go app searching.  After all, a few good apps...
Well let me tell you there is a veritable Smörgåsbord of apps out there. It's a virtual app feast for anyone who loves cooking, baking and just plain anything food related. 
While perusing the multitude of apps out there in Kindle Land I found an app for coffee recipes. Being the coffee lover that I am I knew that I had hit the coffee jackpot and I downloaded that app faster than you can say, "Give me a double chocolate frozen frappachino with whipped cream."
As I glanced through the app I spotted a recipe for Canadian Coffee.  I knew I had to try it because it sounded so doggone yummy.  And with a dollop of maple whipped cream on top how could I resist? I was certainly not disappointed as it was very yummy.
Here is the recipe in case you'd like to try it.  I gotta say that with or without the whiskey it's plum delish. I know 'cause I tried it both ways.

Canadian Coffee
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup whiskey
8 cups of coffee hot, black and strong
Topping:
3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
4 teaspoons pure maple syrup
Whip the cream and the maple syrup until soft peaks form.  Serve over hot coffee.

2 comments: