Saturday, April 23, 2016

Ham and Cheese and What?


We are in the middle of moving and I knew it was going to be difficult to get something posted for this month's Improv Cooking Challenge, but I didn't want to miss this month's challenge.
I decided that I was going to to do something super simple. So I decided to make Ham and Cheese Frittatas. They were so super simple to make. I can't imagine why I have never made them before. They were packed with ham and cheese and pig jowl bacon. Who knew that pig jowl bacon tasted soooooo good??? It does y'all. Then I decided to top the frittatas with a drizzle of some Creamy Jalapeño Sauce and they were gone in 5. Which worked out perfectly and then we were back packing up.
So here's the recipe y'all:

5 eggs
1/2 cup cubed ham
3 slices of pig jowl bacon, fried and crumbled
1/2 cup potatoes, cubed and fried (I used frozen to save time)
1/2 cup shredded cheese. I used Mexican blend
4 tbsp milk
Salt and pepper to season
~~~~~~

Mix the egg and milk together, cover and set aside. Fry up the potatoes and drain. Next fry up the bacon and crumble. Using 5 ramekins start layering your frittatas. Potatoes go in first. Next add the ham and bacon. Top each with cheese. Lastly cover with the milk and egg mixture.  Place in a Ban Marie and bake for 30 minutes. Serve warm with a drizzle of Creamy Jalepeño Sauce, you can find the recipe here Or top with your favorite salsa. 


Check out some of the other fabulous Ham and Cheese creations in this month's Improv Cooking Challenge ~





1 comment:

  1. Mmmmmmmmmm! I know what I'm making next time we have leftover ham!

    ReplyDelete