Saturday, December 6, 2014

Let's Make Lemonade


I was given a ton of lemons, well maybe not quite that much, but it was a lot. With this wonderful bounty of lemons Cammie's Kitchen is sure to have plenty of adventures. For now it's getting them squeezed and the juice frozen for some tasty adventures in the coming weeks. Oh, and I think we'll make a pitcher of fresh lemonade for right NOW!  Yes, it will hit the spot. Plus, I get to use my nice blown glass pitcher. It will showcase the lemonade very nicely, it will be a treat for the eyes and for the taste buds. It's nice to get all fancy every now and then.  Don't you think? Also, I can use my favorite wooden spoon from Polder's Old World Market. I love, love, love my handcrafted spoons that I have purchased from them.
Now let's make some lemonade.

Homemade Lemonade

4 cups sugar
4 cups fresh squeezed lemon juice
2 gallons of water

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Heat the sugar and 4 cups of water in a large stock pot until the sugar is dissolved. Cool. Add to a large pitcher, and add 2 gallons of water, lemon juice and stir to mix. If you like you can add some thin slices of lemon to garnish. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment