Saturday, January 24, 2015

Spicy Panko Crusted Chicken


Mmm.... Well, kinda, sorta. 
On a tip from my cousin I tried substiting corn flakes for the panko breading in my fried chicken recipe tonight. I gotta say it turned out really well even though I had totally forgot to add the egg to the buttermilk soak. Adding a few spices to the panko breading gave the chicken a nice spicy punch. I think this would also work well if you baked the chicken instead of frying.

The corn flakes were also a cheaper option to the panko breading and being able to save money is always a good thing. I think this is another good kitchen substitution. Oh, and you don't need to use brand name corn flakes either. Any brand should work the same. I just happened to have some of the Kellogs already on hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment