Sunday, January 18, 2015

Substitutions Allowed


A couple times a month I have a baking/cooking/canning day. It's usually an all day affair that takes up my Saturday,  but I get lots of cooking jobs completed for the month. One of the things I make are snacks for my brother's lunches. Usually I make him cookies or banana bread, which he loves. 

This month I had planned for cookies, but being under the weather for the better share of the week I knew I needed to go with Plan B~help from a box mix. I chose Krusteaz because I have used their pancake and bread mixes before and loved the quality. I gotta say that I was not disappointed with the cookie mix at all. I used the Meyer Lemon cookie mix and the cookies were wonderful. They were flavorful, moist and they had a great lemon punch. Yep, I sampled one or two. Well, I am the official quality control taste tester y'all and I take my job very seriously. 

So, I can't believe I am saying this, but in a pinch, if you must substitute Hormel for Homemade; then I would absolutely recommend Krusteaz brand for cookies, quick breads or pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment