Saturday, October 24, 2015

Baked Lemon Donuts


I decided to get up just a wee bit earlier this morning and whip up a treat for my family. You know, the kind of treat you do every now and then. The just because kind.  The because I love kind. Yeah you know what I am talking about.
Well today I decided some fresh baked donuts, (yes I said baked) were going to be great morning treat. Folks it doesn't get any easier than this. I simply took a boxed cake mix, one egg and a little oil and and in a jiffy I baked up a dozen tasty baked donuts. When my family wakes they'll have a sweet surprise for breakfast. Oh, and how about some hot cocoa to enjoy them with. Chocolate and lemon make a good pairing y'all.

Baked Lemon Donuts
1 box lemon cake mix
1 cup water
1 large egg
1/4 cup oil or melted butter~ I prefer butter
Preheat oven to 350* Grease donut pans.  Mix everything together until everything is moist and incorporated. Place the batter into a quart sized ziplock bag, carefully squeezing out all of the air. Snip off one of the bottom corners and pipe the batter into the baking pans. Filling a little less than halfway. Bake for 7-10 minutes. While donuts are baking make your glaze. Mix 1-1/2 cup powdered sugar with one drop of lemon oil and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Mix well. Once donuts are completely cooled dip each donut into the glaze and enjoy.
**For a great variation add some blueberries to the batter. a little lemon zest would be a great addition too.**

No comments:

Post a Comment