Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Pudding Cup Anyone?

So last week I made this fantastic Parisian hot chocolate.  I gotta tell you that it is the best thing ever.  If I lived in Paris I know that I would be at a cafe drinking some every day.  You can find the recipe for it here.  So I got to thinking and thought if it makes a superb hot chocolate, I betcha it would make a great pudding too.  I mean dark chocolate pudding sprinkled with a little sea salt and topped with some fresh whipped cream; what's not to love? So without waisting any time I set out to make some chocolate pudding using the hot cocoa recipe

So here's how easy it was to make this pudding.  Simply follow the recipe for making the Parisian hot chocolate that I posted here.  When all of the chocolate has melted return the mixture back to a medium heat.  Take 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and dissolve it into 2 tablespoons of cold milk and whisk it into the hot chocolate mixture.  Stir continuously over the medium heat until it has thickened.  Portion it out into individual serving bowls.  Sprinkle each with a little sea salt and then cover  with plastic wrap.  Place them in the refrigerator to chill. When they are ready to serve top each with a dollop of whip cream and enjoy. 
This pudding is so good y'all I don't think you'll want to back to the boxed kind.  You know the one, it starts with a J and ends with an O; or any store bought kind for that matter.  Try this recipe out for yourself and let me know what you think.

There are only 5 pudding cups pictured here (the other 5 were gobbled up before I could get a photo snapped, but this recipe will make 10 individual 4 oz. servings.



No comments:

Post a Comment