Thursday, November 6, 2014

In search of the perfect Mac & Cheese




I've eaten plenty of mac & cheese over the years. It is one of my ultimate comfort foods. I mean it has CHEESE. Lots of CHEESE!
What's not to love about cheese?
It can be eaten any time of day and a slice of melted cheddar is quite wonderful and adds a delightfulness to a slice of apple pie. Yes, I did say apple pie. If you haven't tried it I highly recommend it. 

But, I am talking mac & cheese here. I am in search of the perfect mac & cheese. The Mac & Cheese daddy of all mac & cheese. 

Last night I made a modified version of Ina Garten's recipe that uses Gruyere and sharp cheddar. Modified because I left out the tomatoes and the bread crumbs.  The recipe was easy to follow and prepare. I wasn't sure how my family would like the Gruyere cheese or the addition of nutmeg, but surprisingly they enjoyed it and so did I.

Dinner is served!


Did I stumble on to the perfect mac & cheese??? Well, I have got a few other recipes to try so I can't say for sure until I have tried them all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment