Friday, June 12, 2015

Fab Finds~Bargain Basement

This cabinet was one of my bargain finds this week.  It is a lovely addition to my kitchen and nifty place to store my fabulous bargain dish towels found at WalMart!


If you're old enough you will remember shopping in the Bargain Basement of many stores.  I remember the thrill of coming downtown with my mom when I was a young girl.  We'd spend the day shopping the bargain basement at Newberry's.   There was always a bargain to be found in that basement.  Afterwards mom would take us upstairs to the lunch counter and we'd sit and have lunch with a fountain soda.  Such found memories from days gone by.

As far as I know there are no more stores, at least here locally, with bargain basements.  Those days are long gone.  Good bargains however can still be found, and who doesn't love a good bargain? Sometimes an awesome bargain can be found at your nearby WalMart or an online Flea Market or Garage Sale website such as Craigslist or OfferUp.

What's really fun is when you aren't really looking for a bargain and one just pops up.  This week I had a couple of fantastic bargain finds like that.  While shopping at WalMart I found some flour sack dish towels. 

Now your probably thinking who gets excited over dish towels????  Well, me that's who.  Yep in my world I am the queen of dish towels.  I'd tell you you how often I shop for them and how many I have, but let's just say I have enough dish towels to piece together several quilts.  Ok, back to the WalMart dish towels. 

They are pretty with bright vivid colors.  They will definitely add a pop of color to the kitchen.  They are generously sized at 28"x28".  And for only a buck fifty, yes for only $1.50 they were a steal.  
Don't you love a good bargain?

So what bargains have you found this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment