Sunday, June 21, 2015

Things Remembered

When Father's Day comes around I always get a little nostalgic thinking of my daddy and the wonderful man that he was.  He was a loving and kind dad who taught me so many things.  The most important of which was a love and respect for my Heavenly Father.  For that I am most grateful.

One of things that dad loved to do was tinker around in the kitchen.  He made a very tasty biscuits and gravy, and the things he would do with left over mashed potatoes.  The potato pancakes where my favorite. Yes, even though mom was the main cook, my daddy was a pretty good cook too; even though he'd dirty up every dish in the house in the process.  No one ever complained though.  Those are such sweet memories for me.

One of daddy's favorite things to eat was chicken and biscuit sandwiches.  So in honor of my dad I made chicken and biscuits for lunch today.  Nice way to remember my sweet daddy who graduated to his heavenly home 16 years ago. 
How did y'all honor/celebrate your dad today?

No comments:

Post a Comment