Thursday, June 25, 2015

Pie Dough For The Beginner

I'm a beginner when it comes to making pie dough.  It's one of those things I never really tried to master, until recently that is.

This time I tried a recipe that uses just butter and things actually turned out a little better.  It's a 3-2-1 pie dough.  3 parts flour, 2 parts butter, 1 part water.  I found it on the Chow and I am pretty sure it's gonna be a keeper.
Now I'm not bragging, cause I still have a ways to go.  There is still lots of work and practice to do so I can get those nice fluted edges, but...
Let me show you how it's coming along.
    Butter crust this time.  No Crisco.
     Cutting it in with a pastry cutter.  A
     food processor would work too.  Pea
     sized crumbles.  I'm getting there.
     Rockin' and Rollin' I can do this.
    I'm on a roll. 
    Now to get it into the pie pan.
    In.  One.  Piece. 

   Success!!!!  Now to bake it.  (Going to use it for a quiche) Fingers xx'd. y'all.

Finished pie crust.  Perfect and flaky. I'm sure my Grama B. would be pleased.  Now to work on the artistic part.  Getting those pretty fluted edges is gonna take some practice, but you know what they say~
     #practicemakesperfect. 
     It also makes for some~ 
     #tastykitchenadventures. 

Enjoying the quiche in the homemade pie crust.  #Lifeissweet
Yes, it is sweet indeed.


                                                     


No comments:

Post a Comment