Friday, February 12, 2016

Did I ever mention....



I have the best coworkers ever. Well I do, and they mean quite a bit to me. So since it's Valentine's Day on Sunday I wanted to bring them a special treat today. What says Valentine's better than chocolate? Chocolate and fresh raspberries, that's what. So I baked up some chocolate fudge cupcakes and whipped up some fresh raspberry butter cream frosting to top them with. Couldn't have been any easier.
I started with a good cake mix, Ducan Hines is the brand I usually work with when I don't have time to bake from scratch.. :) Oh, and I always add one more egg than what the package calls for. I like my cakes to be really rich and moist.
Then I frosted them with raspberry butter cream frosting just like my mom used to make. She always used fresh raspberries and she'd let us lick the beaters when she was done whipping it up. Hmm... sweet memories. So here's the recipe for fresh raspberry butter cream icing if you want to try it.

Fresh Raspberry Butter Cream Icing

1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup fresh raspberries, washed and dried
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
16 oz. powdered sugar

Mix the first 4 ingredients until they are creamy. Gradually add the powdered sugar and mix until smooth. This will make enough icing to frost one 9x13 cake pan or 24 cupcakes.

If you try, it let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment