Saturday, February 20, 2016

Earl Grey Shortbread Cookies

Every month in the Improv Cooking Challenge we are assigned two ingredients to work with. This month our ingredients were tea and honey. With the series of health events I had going on this past month I wasn't sure I was going to be able to participate.  But at the 11th hour I found a recipe that knew I would be able to do time wise. So for the past hour or so I have been enjoying my time baking up some Earl Grey Shortbread cookies. I wasn't too sure about tea in a cookie though, but they are quite delicious with a subtle hint of the tea coming through. And I love the flecks of tea in the cookie. It certainly does give a new meaning to tea and cookies. :) I found the recipe over at Sugar and Soul and changed it up a bit adding 2 tablespoons of honey.  As I am typing this I am on my fourth cookie. Shh...Don't tell anyone.
Here's the ingredients you'll need to gather.


Cream together the butter and honey.


Mix the dry ingredients together. Gently
mix them into the creamed butter and honey.


Here's my trick, I roll out the cookies on
the silat. It saves time and the shape stays 
pretty round.


Bake in a preheated 350* oven for 20 minutes.
Cool on a wire rack. Enjoy with a cup of tea or
coffee.


Checkout the other tasty tea and honey creations from 
my Improv Cooking Challenge friends.



2 comments:

  1. mmmmmmmmmmmmm... are these crispy? I would imagine they would dunk well in a cuppa. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are crispy around the edges and just right mix of firm and tender on the inside. And they are all kinds of yummy and would go quite nicely with a "cuppa" tea or coffee.

      Delete