Monday, July 13, 2015

Crockpot Potato Wedges

Hey y'all I'll try any food at least once. Well...thinking about it  maybe there are couple of things I'd have to say no to. But other wise I am pretty adventurous food wise. Lately I've been seeing recipes for crock pot French fries. They are everywhere, and thought I would try them. I mean they are a healthier way to get your french fry fix using way less oil and salt. Plus they are done in a crockpot. What's not to love about that?

There are slight variations among the recipes I looked at, but for the most part they are all pretty much the same. Potatoes julienned into french fries, a small amount of some kind of oil and seasoning. Pretty simple. Right?

Ok so here is the recipe I tried. I chose this one because it also had a copycat recipe for the Red Robin Seasoning. Yay! I love their seasoning mix. Now I can make it myself and save some greenbacks, and that's  always a win.
So all in all I liked how the potatoes turned out. 

Even though they really weren't crispy and french fry like they were tasty and not loaded with oil. They were actually more like a potato wedge, a really flavorful potato wedge. 

Will I make them again? Yes. Why?
1. They are easy to make and you can do a whole crockpot full all at once. Yes!!!
2.  No standing over hot oil. 
3.  They were almost set it and forget it. They did need a stir every hour. 

I am giving these a thumbs up.

No comments:

Post a Comment