Saturday, July 25, 2015

What Is That Thing???

I love to cook and bake, but when you live with a chronic illness such as Rheumatoid Arthritis ordinary every day tasks get difficult and sometimes just plain impossible to accomplish. So kitchen adventures are often a bit of a struggle, especially for my hands and arms. Lifting, carrying and fine motor skills are often limited or on really bad days non existent. For this reason I am always on the lookout for kitchen gadgets and tools that make my cooking adventures easier for me. Recently I found this handy little kitchen gadget for cooking eggs and thought I would give it a try. 
 It's electric and basically uses steam to poach, boil and even make omelets. The handy cup that is included tells you exactly how much water you need for each type of egg you are cooking.
 So far I have used it to make poached eggs and have also used it to boil eggs (has a capacity for 7 eggs) and it does a wonderful job. The boiled eggs are super easy to peel and with just a tiny bit of butter the poached eggs slipped right out. I am giving the Elite Egg Cooker a big thumbs up. Anyone would enjoy using it I think. It's portable and doesn't take up too much counter/cupboard space. Oh, and it doesn't heat up the kitchen like boiling eggs or poaching would do. And here's a good plus, it turns itself off when the eggs are done, so, incase you get distracted, not that I ever have, you won't have any burnt or overcooked eggs either. It comes in a few different colors. Naturally I went with my favorite color teal/turquoise. At $17.00 it doesn't make a huge dent in your pocketbook either, and that's always a good thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment