Thursday, July 16, 2015

July Improv Cooking Challenge

I After a few tasty kitchen adventures with pretzels and mustard, this month's ingredients for the Inprov Cooking Challenge,  I decided to go with a savory main dish. It got rave reviews with my toughest and most honest critics, my family.
It was a super simple, yet oh so tasty dinner meal.
Here's how you can do it too.

1. Crush the pretzels.


2. Make the honey mustard marinade.

3. Baste the chicken with the honey mustard sauce before breading it. If you want a more tangy flavor you could soak the drumsticks overnight.

4. Coat the drumsticks with the pretzel breading.

5. Bake in a lightly greased baking pan @350* for 40 minutes. Turning the chicken over at 20 minutes.

Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!

Check out the other tasty recipes from this month's challenge. They all look super tasty and good. Can't wait to try them myself.




4 comments:

  1. I love how you put the honey mustard underneath the pretzel coating instead of on top. Genius! Thanks so much for joining us this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't sure it was going to work but it did and my family loved it. Next time I think I'll let it marinate overnight so the wonderful honey mustard flavor really penetrates the meat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love honey mustard hot wings -- I'll have to try your recipe on those one of these days! YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you'll love it. I am kinda partial to the whole grain mustard. Anything honey and mustard is yummy in my book.

    ReplyDelete