Friday, July 31, 2015

Success In The Kitchen



The kitchen is my most favorite place in my home. It's my playground; the place where I love creating lots of sweet memories and meals with my family.  Here are a few things I have learned along the way that have helped me have success in the kitchen.  Let me share them with you.

~~~A Few Tips For Success In Kitchen~~~

  1. Use the best quality ingredients you can possibly afford. 
  2. Before trying a new recipe, read it through a couple of times before preparing it. Doing this will familiarize you with the steps involved, it will ensure that you have all of the ingredients necessary and enough time to prepare it. 
  3. When following a recipe, assemble and measure all of your ingredients before you start cooking It will help you stay organized and make the cooking process much easier. 
  4. Relax and have fun in the kitchen! Even if you do make a mistake with a recipe relax, and consider it a learning experience. ALL great cooks have had mishaps in the kitchen at some point.
  5. Add LOVE to everything you cook and the food will taste wonderful. My mom always said this and I think it's true.
  6. Always use pure vanilla. There is no substitute for the REAL thing that will make the recipe taste good. 
Let's dish. Do you have a tip for success in your kitchen? What has helped you in your cooking adventures?

I love this little kitchen poem. I've seen it in a few old cookbooks.

God bless my little kitchen,
I love its every nook,
And bless me as I do my work,
Wash pots and pans and cook.

And may the meals that I prepare
Be seasoned from above
With Thy great blessings and Thy grace,
But most of all Thy love.

As we partake of earthly food,
The table before us spread,
We’ll not forget to thank Thee, Lord,
Who gives us daily bread.

So bless my little kitchen, God,
And those who enter in,
May they find naught but Joy and Peace,
And Happiness therein.

Author: M. Peterson (1944)


No comments:

Post a Comment