Friday, July 10, 2015

Thrifty Finds

One of my secret pleasures is thrifting.  
Here are my reasons to thrift:
* There is always a treasure or two to be
   found.
* The thrill of finding a vintage treasure.
* The thrill of finding something with the
   tags still on.
* The three "R's" ~Reduce, Re-use and 
   Recycle.
I found this tortilla warmer from the Phillipines on my last "thrifting" trip. I've always wanted a clay tortilla warmer and now I've got one. And I got it for a thrifty price.

I also found this Romanian etched glass wine carafe. It's really beautiful and will be a lovely addition to my glassware.


I found the Windsor chair in this picture a few years ago at a consignment shop here in town called Home Again It's a sweet little shop where you will always find something to bring home. The cabinet/shelf was a recent thrifty find and a great place to store my dish towels. It goes so well with the Windsor chair. Together with the Amish potato bin  they make a nice vignette for this corner of the kitchen. Don't you think?

I seem to have a thing for chickens. My family jokingly tells me our kitchen is turning into a roost. Even if it is, I just couldn't let this beauty get away and @ $5.00 she was a great purchase and a beautiful soup toureen.

Fenton glass and Longaberger baskets are thrifty finds I do cartwheels for when I find them. The Fenton vase here in this picture I at stumbled upon at a yard sale. I couldn't believe I walked away with it for only $10.00 and after a little research I found out that my investment was worth about $100.00. A really sweet find.

Do you like to go thrifting? Have you found a treasure or great bargain?







No comments:

Post a Comment